Maya Doneva is a youth worker, trainer and consultant having 10 years experience in the field of youth work, project management cycle, and youth policy, empowerment of young people at local and national level. For the last three years she has been a volunteer in Varna volunteering group Pink Glasses working with children and young people from institutions (state child care provision services) implementing weekly workshops and ateliers focused on children’s interests and needs through the methods of non-formal education.
Stoyana Stoeva is a consultant and translator with more than 10 years experience in the NGO sector, project consultancy and development, marketing and research services. Since 2013 she has become member of Pink Glasses volunteering group and responsible person for funding and fundraising.
The teahouse is a social entrepreneurship project established in 2014 by Maya Doneva and Stoyana Stoeva in Varna, Bulgaria. It aims to help young people coming from a complicated social and family background with opportunities for independent lifestyle.
- The Social Teahouse is a project intending to improve the quality of life of children and young people with distance to the labor market with their first job
- Place for learning, training, entertainment
- Development of competitive and diverse opportunities for young people and entrepreneurs
How did we started:
- Volunteering group for work with children and young people from institutions
- 15 children
- 8 volunteers
- Weekly activities
- Introducing new working methodology
- Special emphasis: social skills, emotional intelligence, professional orientation
- Development of the Social Teahouse concept
- Participation in Reach for Change competition
In 2014 we won the third place in a first edition of the Game Changers social entrepreneurship programme initiated by Reach for change and Nova Broadcasting Group, in a competition with 212 projects from all over the country. This award provided us with the amount of 7 500 euro and nationwide visibility due to the marvelous media support.
In the first trimester of 2015 we conducted a study visit to De Passarel, Netherlands which made a huge input in development of our mentorship programme we offer to the children in institution and know how on implementation and tracking of individual assessment plans, development, management of social enterprises and evaluation.
At present moment we are working with children and young people at the age between 15 and 18 years from three institution homes from Varna.
We are planning to open the Teahouse at the end of 2015 in partnership with the Regional administration of Varna and Municipality of Varna, supporting us with provision of location for this initiative.
fb: Social Teahouse Varna